Spherical roller bearings are designed for the heaviest-duty applications and have two rows of rollers that can align themselves in pendulum fashion in the tapered raceway.
In addition to radial loads, spherical roller bearings also absorb axial loads in both directions and, thanks to their particular design, allow misalignments between the outer and inner rings. With low loads, under normal operating conditions and with a rotating inner ring, slewing angles of up to 2° can be allowed.
- Spherical roller bearings up to bore Ø 1800 mm.
- Versions in solid brass cage CA, MB, MA and steel cage C.
- Available in sealed version (FPM, FKM, NBR) and with special greasing.
- Spherical roller bearings can be supplied with a cylindrical or tapered bore.
- Spherical roller bearings with a tapered bore are largely produced with a taper of 1:12 (K). Spherical roller bearings of the 240, 241, 248 and 249 series have a taper of 1:30 (suffix K30).
- Spherical roller bearings in the standard version are manufactured with a normal bearing clearance (C0 or CN – no suffix added to the bearing designation). Bearings with a reduced or increased bearing clearance can also be manufactured on request.
- C2 Radial internal clearance < CN *
- C3 Radial internal clearance > CN *
- C4 Radial internal clearance > C3 *
- C5 Radial internal clearance > C4 *
* These bearing clearance designations are added as suffixes to the bearing designation.
Spherical roller bearings are manufactured with the normal tolerances (P0) of the radial bearings. P0 is not indicated in the bearing designation.
Bearings can also be manufactured with a greater precision to meet particular requirements.
- P6 Restricted tolerance *
- P5 Restricted tolerance *
- P4 Restricted tolerance *
* These tolerance classes are added as suffixes to the bearing designation.
In the standard version (S0) spherical roller bearings are heat treated so that they are generally dimensionally stable up to max + 150 °C (in the case of sealed bearings the max. permitted temperature depends on the chosen grease and the material quality of the seals used). Special heat treatments are required for higher operating temperature requirements.
- S1 Operating temperature max. + 200 °C *
- S2 Operating temperature max. + 250 °C *
- S3 Operating temperature max. + 300 °C *
- S4 Operating temperature max. + 350 °C *
* These temperature classes are added as suffixes to the bearing designation.
C Spherical roller bearing with symmetrical rollers, flangeless inner ring, two punchedwindow-type cages, guide ring centred between the two rows of rollers on the inner ring.
CA Spherical roller bearing with symmetrical rollers, outer lips on the inner ring, guide ring loosely centred between the two rows of rollers on the inner ring and brass double prong-type cage.
MB Spherical roller bearing with double-row solid brass cage, riding on the centre lip on the inner ring.
GMEX Spherical roller bearing with improved surface quality, use of purer bearing materials, optimised internal structures and one-piece, roller-riding solid brass cage.
MA Spherical roller bearing with double-row solid brass cage, riding in outer ring.
K Tapered bore, taper 1:12.
K30 Tapered bore, taper 1:30.
TN Bearing with polyamide cage.
W33 Lubricating groove and three lubricating holes in the outer ring.
W20 Three lubricating holes in the outer ring (no lubricating groove).
F80 Special version for use in vibration machinery (vibrating screen bearings).