Tapered roller bearings are open roller bearings and consist of outer and inner rings with tapered raceways and cages with tapered rollers. They are designed for high radial and axial loads in one direction. To be able to absorb axial loads in both directions, tapered roller bearings must be installed in a paired arrangement (X or O). Since tapered roller bearings are not self-retaining bearings, the inner with with cage can be assembled separately from the outer ring.
- Tapered roller bearings up to bore Ø 1000 mm.
- Versions preferably with solid brass cages or steel cages.
- Versions with a welded pin-type cage are also available on request.
- Metric and imperial tapered roller bearings.
- With single-row tapered roller bearings, the bearing clearance is not adjusted until assembly (prestressing or mechanical play).
Tapered roller bearings are manufactured with the normal tolerances (P0) of the radial bearings. P0 is not indicated in the bearing designation.
In the standard version (S0) tapered roller bearings are heat treated so that they are generally dimensionally stable up to max + 150 °C. Special heat treatments are required for higher operating temperature requirements.
- S1 Operating temperature max. + 200 °C *
- S2 Operating temperature max. + 250 °C *
- S3 Operating temperature max. + 300 °C *
- S4 Operating temperature max. + 350 °C *
* These temperature classes are added as suffixes to the bearing designation.
A Increased load capacity
X Limiting dimensions changed in accordance with ISO